It's been a mix of emotions this week.
So I started my new job which I have mixed feelings about. The positives are that the job is much less stressful than my previous job in CPS and well..I think that's it. I spent the first few days commuting to Concord. Then this week I have been going to Antioch which is nice and close to home. The manager there is very nice and seems flexible about things. The girls there are also nice, but it's just not the same. I miss my old crew. At times I've felt excited about the job and most of the other times I just feel blah and daydream about how many more working days before I can legally go out on leave. Up until this afternoon I felt frustrated with not knowing where I was going to be placed, but I learned that I will get to stay in Antioch which is good news.
More news on the job front is that I haven't really heard anything. Although I did hear today that someone contacted my old division manager for a reference which is promising. Although I'm not sure I'm up to taking a new job at this point. We'll see.
On Saturday we noticed our cat wasn't doing so good. She wasn't eating or drinking and after a trip to the vet we learned that her kidneys were hurt as a result of diabetes. She spent a couple nights in the hospital before coming home last night. The vet was optimistic that she was doing better, although we didn't see it. She took a turn for the worse last night and we ended up taking her to the vet where we made a decision to euthanize her. Poor thing was just miserable and while I miss her I'm relieved to know that she isn't suffering anymore.
In baby news, things are going very well. I had my first appointment with my new doctor this week and she seems nice. At the 24 week appointment we heard the baby's heartbeat and got measured. Everything is on point! Although I'm starting to feel uncomfortable. Especially sitting all day. I also experienced some ligament pain this week which was not fun but at least it went away quickly. Baby is moving quite a bit but unfortunately daddy still hasn't felt him move...I'm sure that will change soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment